Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope

The last few weeks have been hectic, with a conference and trips all over the map. So my home time has been pretty idiot-proof, catching up on sleep (finally happened last night) and not challenging my brain or dexterity.

I have had a number of terrain pieces on the table and have minor progress through them. I'm almost done about 75 elements of elephant grass for 3mm Vietnam. I also have a few other grass pieces done with static grass.

Then there's the odd situation of having both a 2mm Sphinx and a 28mm Sphinx on the same table. The 2mm Sphinx, and pyramids, came from a Safari Toobs package I picked up on sale.

The Splintered Lands ship is ready for painting and is in the line-up. I also got all the VC/NVA figures cleaned up and ready to base. US forces are next.

So then amongst all that mucking around, I got distracted by the AK-47 rules for post-colonial Africa and have them on their way from the UK. I figure on doing them in 3mm, lots of figure and vehicle options and it's a scale where I can dabble without blowing the bank. I'm not sure if I'll use the AK-47 in their entirety or just use the campaign rules and then swap in B'Maso by Too Fat Lardies.

And so it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta see a picture of that 2mm Sphinx! - sounds brilliant - and kudos on doing all that elephant grass for Vietnam - should look great en masse.

    ReplyDelete